A preventive dental care program is a supportive effort by you — the patient and our elite dentists in Mexico to preserve the natural dentition and supporting structures.
This is achieved by inhibiting the onset, progress, and recurrence of dental diseases and conditions.
Dental care starts with good oral hygiene and a balanced diet. It is continued in the dental office by the efforts of your dentist to promote, restore, and maintain your oral health.
Dental Hygiene At Home
Brushing your teeth twice a day is the easiest way to keep your teeth healthy. Brushing your teeth not only keeps your breath fresh but removes plaque buildup that can lead to tooth decay.
Regular dental flossing keeps the gaps in-between teeth and gums free of bacteria and prevents gum disease.
It is recommended that you visit your dentist twice a year for a deep root scale and polish to remove any deep-rooted stains, plaque and bacteria.
Brushing and Flossing Your Teeth
It is important for you to brush at least twice a day with an ADA approved brush and toothpaste. Electric toothbrushes are also recommended. They are easy to use and can remove plaque efficiently.
- Place the brush at a 45 degree angle and gently brush using a small, circular motions.
- Brush the outer, inner, and biting surfaces of each tooth.
- Use the tip of the brush to clean the inside of the front teeth.
- Brush your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen your breath.
It is also significant for you to maintain a habit of daily flossing as it is the best way to clean between the teeth and under the gum line. Flossing not only helps clean these spaces, it disrupts plaque colonies from building up, preventing damage to the gums, teeth, and bone.
- Take 12-16 inches of dental floss and wrap it around your middle fingers, leaving about 2 inches of floss between your hands.
- Using your thumbs and forefingers to guide the floss, gently insert the floss between teeth using a “back and forth” gentle motion.
- Curve the floss into a “C” shape around each tooth and under the gum line. Gently move the floss up and down, cleaning the side of each tooth.
Dentistry Clinics in Mexico
Once you click the button you will receive your quote in your email within a few minutes and we will never spam you.